December 20, 2016

Sew: Polka Dot Frankie Dress

I took my polka dot Frankie dress for a spin today. We went in to the city to see the Christmas sights. Mr "almost 8" took a shot so I could blog it for you all to see.

I found this fabric in the depths of Clear It on a recent trip with my MIL. I was in the "not buying anything" category until I spotted this for some ridiculously cheap price. There is always room in my stash for spots (and stripes!).

The pattern is of course the Tessuti Frankie dress. I put the pattern centre front 1cm from the fabric fold, adding a total of 2cm to both the front and back width. I think this works well, but next time I will try just adding 1cm to the width as well as lengthening the should seam (as mentioned in my last post). Now to find more printed fabric to make more Frankies!

Project Details
Pattern: Tessuti Fabrics Frankie Dress, 3/4 sleeves, XL
Fabric: Jersey from Clear It
Alterations: Added 5cm to short dress length, slashed and spread sleeve by 2.5cm, added 2cm to centre front, omitted jelly tape
See also: Sew Brunswick #1 | Sew Brunswick #2

I was only allowed one photo by my photographer so you'll just have to believe me when I say it's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat